Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes we can

another post not directly related to MHFC - but the inauguration was inspirational
the BBC has done interesting interviews with a variety of people on the inauguration - below is the link to the one with Maya Angelou - she thinks Obama is a person with intelligence and compassion - and how difficult it is to find those 2 qualities in the same person.
the other issue she raised was "I think that each of us can find a place to give some time... I think these seem to be small things but they accumulate. And I do believe that good done anywhere is good done everywhere." I know she meant this for Americans (to do what they can to help the new President) but I guess it applies to everyone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/world_news_america/7838941.stm

No comments: